Thieves target pair of self-storage facilities
Some local miscreants recently engaged in what looks a little like an illegal version of “Storage Wars.”
Unlike the TV show, which features buyers bidding on the contents of selfstorage units whose renters have failed to keep up with their payments, the recent local version featured people trying to force their way into a couple of self-storage facilities and break open some of the units inside:
• Extra Space Storage in the 7000 block of Hull Street Road was visited on Sept. 10 by unknown suspect(s) who tried to peel back a fence to enter the property. Attempt was unsuccessful. But on Sept. 13, unknown suspect(s) cut a fence and entered the property, then cut the locks to gain access to several storage units. Miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
• Unknown suspect(s) gained access to AAAA Self Storage in the 2000 block of West Hundred Road on Sept. 12 and cut the locks on multiple storage units. It was not specified whether anything was reported stolen. The next day, someone tried to cut the lock on another storage unit at the same location, but entry was not gained.
Anyone who has information about these incidents or any other crime is asked to call Crime Solvers at 748-0660. You can also submit a tip at crimesolvers.net or text WATSON plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES).
In other crimes:
Bailey Bridge Road – The inspection sticker was stolen from a school bus at Manchester High School in the 12600 block on Sept. 12.
Bon Air (Larkspur Road) – Unknown suspect(s) entered a home in the 8600 block through a basement window on Sept. 10. Cash, consumable goods, electronic devices and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Bon Air Hills (Bayfield Drive) – Unknown suspect(s) entered a home in the 8300 block, possibly through an unlocked sliding glass door, on Sept. 10. Cash, electronic devices, jewelry and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Brandermill Trade Center (East Boundary Road) – Unknown suspect(s) forced open the front door of Two Guys and a Truck in the 13500 block on Sept. 13 and rummaged through the office. Nothing was reported stolen.
Brookcreek Crossing (Creekwillow Drive) – Miscellaneous items were reported stolen from the garage of a house under construction in the 400 block on Sept. 5.
Dupont Square (Goolsby Avenue) – Copper piping was removed from the walls inside a vacant home in the 2800 block on Sept. 12.
Enon Church Road – A white 2006 Ford pickup truck was reported stolen from a construction site in the 13200 block on Sept. 12.
FoxCreek (Dovechrist Mews) – Household goods were reported stolen from an unlocked house under construction in the 6300 block on Aug. 29.
Garland Heights (Shoremeade Road) – Household goods were reported stolen from a vacant house in the 4700 block on Sept. 10 by unknown suspect(s) who may have entered through the garage door. Copper piping was also cut and removed from the house.
Hull Street Road – The inspection sticker was stolen from a school bus at Manchester Middle School in the 7400 block on Sept. 12.
Jefferson Davis Highway – Two unknown suspects approached a resident in the 10000 block just after midnight on Sept. 10. The suspects displayed a handgun and demanded the resident’s wallet, then left on foot. Cash and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
• A known suspect tried unsuccessfully to drive off with a bus in the parking lot of the Food Lion in the 5700 block around 4:35 p.m. on Sept. 13.
• The batteries were stolen from multiple work vehicles at a business in the 14100 block on Sept. 13.
Midlothian Turnpike – Unknown suspect(s) broke a window to enter Sheehy Ford in the 10600 block on Sept. 14. Electronic devices were reported stolen.
Mount Blanco on the James (Declaration Avenue) – Household goods were reported stolen from an unlocked house under construction in the 12200 block on Sept. 4.
Perdue Springs Court – Unknown suspect(s) cut and removed an air conditioning unit from Affordable Dentures in the 11800 block on Sept. 5.
Quail Oaks (Brandywine Avenue) – Miscellaneous items were reported stolen on Sept. 11 by unknown suspect(s) who cut the lock on a trailer at a home in the 9800 block. The suspect(s) also tried unsuccessfully to pry open the door of a shed.
• Unknown suspect(s) cut the locks to enter a shed at a home in the 2800 block of Perlock Road on Sept. 15. It was unknown whether any property was stolen.
Southport Office Condominiums (Southlake Boulevard) – The catalytic converters were stolen from multiple work vehicles at Puritan Cleaners in the 400 block on Sept. 12.
Woodland Pond (Waterfowl Flyway) – Unknown suspect(s) stole loose change from an unlocked vehicle and took a bicycle from the yard at a home in the 9600 block on Sept. 11.