Firearms are a favorite target for thieves
Regular readers of Crime Watch are probably aware that hardly a week goes by without a report of firearms being stolen somewhere in the county, often from unlocked vehicles. Recent incident reports provided by county police list five firearms thefts, a bit more than average:
• Firearms were reported stolen on Aug. 29 from a home in the 2400 block of Arcadia Avenue in Normandale Terrace.
• Firearms were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 6700 block of Mason Dale Place in Mason Woods on Aug. 30.
• Firearms and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle at a home in the 4500 block of Jaydee Drive in Summer Lake on Sept. 1.
• Firearms were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1600 block of Sandgate Road in Olde Coach Village on Sept. 3.
• A possible known suspect used a key to enter a locked vehicle at a home in the 7500 block of Hollyleaf Court in Orchardhill on Sept. 4. Firearms and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Anyone who has information about these incidents or any other crime is asked to call Crime Solvers at 748-0660. You can also submit a tip at crimesolvers.net or text WATSON plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES).
In other crimes:
Ashley Village (Kim Drive) – An unspecified motor vehicle was reported stolen on Sept. 2 from a home in the 3100 block. It was recovered later in Richmond.
• Three unlocked vehicles in the 3000 block were entered by unknown suspect(s) on Sept. 2. Cash was reported stolen.
Berwick Village (Ayton Court) – A resident was sitting in a vehicle in the 4600 block around 11 p.m. on Sept. 5 when he was approached by a male suspect who said he had a gun and demanded property. The suspect left with cash, consumable goods, jewelry and miscellaneous items.
Brandermill (Five Springs Court) – A known suspect removed a skylight to gain entry to a home in the 4700 block on Sept. 4. Unspecified items were reported stolen.
Collington (Parracombe Lane) – An unspecified number of known suspects forced a resident in the 14400 block into a vehicle and drove him to a bank to withdraw cash. The suspects then drove the resident to an unspecified location, left him there and drove away. Cash, electronic devices, jewelry and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Edgehill (Robindale Road) – Three vehicles parked in the driveway of a home in the 1700 block were rummaged through by unknown suspect(s) on Sept. 5. Electronic devices were reported stolen.
Jefferson Davis Highway – An unspecified number of residents were approached by several male suspects with handguns in the parking lot of a business in the 6300 block around 9:55 p.m. on Sept. 5. The suspects assaulted the residents, demanded property, then left in a vehicle. Cash and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Koger Center Boulevard – A green 1996 Ford sedan was reported stolen from a parking lot in the 1500 block on Sept. 8.
Market Square Elderly Apartments (Taw Street) – A resident in the 7300 block reported that he was assaulted around 12:30 a.m. on Sept. 2 by an unspecified number of suspects who tried unsuccessfully to steal his backpack.
Midlothian Turnpike – Unknown suspect(s) broke into several locked vehicles parked at a business in the 13700 block on Sept. 3. Clothing, electronic devices and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Providence Farms (Elkhardt Road) – Unknown suspect(s) broke a rear window to gain entry to a home in the 6600 block on Sept. 4. Clothing, consumable goods, electronic devices, jewelry and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Roxbury-Tivoli Apartments (Marbrett Drive) – A motor scooter was reported stolen on Aug. 26 from the patio in the 7500 block.
Shenandoah (Aldersmead Road) – Several unlocked vehicles in the 200 block were entered by unknown suspect(s) on Sept. 3. Cash and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Trophy Club at Bellgrade (Stableside Court) – Several unlocked vehicles in the 2600 block were entered by unknown suspect(s) on Sept. 3. Electronic devices and jewelry were reported stolen.