Road rage, loose lug nuts create holiday headaches
Amid the usual harvest of car thefts, robberies and larcenies to be gleaned from the Chesterfield County Police Department’s daily roundup of incidents, a few items stand out this week as unusual, and perhaps unusually disturbing at this time of year when peace and goodwill are the traditional bywords:
• A driver reported that after stopping at Southminster Presbyterian Church in the 7500 block of Hull Street Road following a road rage incident around 3:50 p.m. on Nov. 23, an unknown suspect approached his vehicle and sprayed an unknown chemical in the passenger’s face.
• A resident of the 3500 block of Slate Court in the Belmont Hills West subdivision reported on Nov. 24 that the lug nuts had been removed from one wheel on his vehicle and the lug nuts on the other three wheels had been loosened.
• An unknown suspect tried to take a photo or video of a woman while she was trying on clothes at a business in the 2700 block of West Hundred Road near Chester around 11:40 a.m. on Nov. 21.
Anyone who has information about these incidents or any other crime is asked to call Crime Solvers at 748-0660. You can also submit a tip at www.crimesolvers.net or text WATSON plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES).
In other crimes:
Bailey Bridge Road – Several storage units at Ample Storage Center in the 4000 block were entered on Nov. 22 by unknown suspect(s) who cut the locks. Electronic devices and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Brandermill (Arrowood Road) – Firearms and miscellaneous items were reported stolen on Nov. 22 from an unlocked vehicle in the 2300 block.
Broadwater Townhouses (Broadwater Way) – An unspecified number of known suspects threatened a resident in the 15000 block around 11 p.m. on Nov. 20 and took an electronic device from him.
Cedar Crossing (Cedar Crossing Terrace) – Cash and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from two unlocked vehicles in the 1100 block on Nov. 23.
• Cash was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 13100 block of Lauren Lane on Nov. 24.
Centralia (Chester Road) – An electronic device was reported stolen from a vehicle that was left unlocked with the engine running at a convenience store in the 10100 block around 2:30 a.m. on Nov. 21.
Cloverhill Industrial Park (Deerleaf Way) – Three storage containers at Mid- Atlantic Steel Erectors were entered on Nov. 19 by unknown suspect(s) who cut the locks. No information was provided on any items stolen.
Courthouse Road – Unknown suspect(s) broke a window to enter a vehicle at Rockwood Park in the 3400 block on Nov. 20. Cash and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Crystal Lake Townhomes (Meadowdale Boulevard) – Consumable goods, electronic devices and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 3200 block on Nov. 19.
Ettrick (Woodpecker Road) – Cash and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the parking lot of the Village Commons Shopping Center in the 20800 block on Nov. 19.
• A shopper at the Village Commons Shopping Center in the 20800 block reported that he was assaulted and robbed around 10 p.m. on Nov. 23. Cash and consumable goods were reported stolen.
Greenham (Greenham Court) – An unspecified motor vehicle was reported stolen from an unlocked garage at a home in the 13400 block on Nov. 18.
Harrowgate Road – A masked suspect holding what appeared to be a handgun entered the 7-Eleven in the 12100 block around 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 20 and demanded money from the clerk. The clerk took an undisclosed amount of cash from the register and placed it on the counter. The suspect took the money and left. A male juvenile was later arrested in connection with the robbery.
• Unknown suspect(s) entered Open Door Realty in the 7600 block through an unlocked rear window on Nov. 21. Electronic devices were reported stolen.
Jefferson Davis Highway – An unspecified vehicle that was left unlocked and running at a convenience store in the 16600 block was reported stolen around 8:50 a.m. on Nov. 25.
Magnolia Green (Wild Senna Place) – Cash was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle at a home in the 16900 block on Nov. 25.
Midlothian Turnpike – Cash, clothing, consumable goods and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the parking lot of the Shops at the Arboretum on Nov. 20.
• An unspecified motor vehicle reported stolen outside the county was found around 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 20 in the parking lot of Chesterfield Towne Center in the 11500 block.
Providence Farms (Dyer Lane) – A motor scooter was reported stolen from the yard of a home in the 7000 block on Nov. 24.
River Road – Fuel was reported stolen from a Chesterfield County Public Schools bus parked in the 9300 block on Nov. 20.
St. Francis Boulevard – Electronic devices were reported stolen from a construction site in the 13700 block on Nov. 22.
Shady Creek (Mill Race Road) – A red 2002 Ford convertible was reported stolen on Nov. 24 from a home in the 3200 block.
Tivoli South Apartments (Marbrett Drive) – An armed unknown suspect approached a resident in the 7500 block around midnight on Nov. 24 and demanded money. He took an undisclosed amount of cash from the victim’s wallet and left the area.
Walthall Center Drive – A burgundy 2013 Honda reported stolen outside the county was found near Priority Honda in the 2000 block on Nov. 8.
Winchester Green (Creekview Terrace) – A silver 2005 Toyota that was left unlocked with the engine running was reported stolen around 6:10 a.m. on Nov. 25 from a unit in the 7500 block.