Would-be thieves get caught in the act
It’s hard to keep your mind on your work when you get interrupted, even if your “work” is just thievery:
• A customer at a business in the 7500 block of Midlothian Turnpike saw a suspect inside his unlocked vehicle around 2 p.m. on Oct. 9. He confronted the suspect, who gave him back his cellphone and some coins.
• Through an unlocked window, a suspect entered a home in the 2800 block of McManaway Drive in the Clarendon subdivision around 1:20 a.m. on Oct. 10. Police arrived at the home, found the suspect and arrested him.
• An unspecified number of known suspects were seen trying to remove items from behind a business in the 10300 block of Jefferson Davis Highway around 5 p.m. on Oct. 10. When challenged by the owner, the suspects dropped the items and left. The owner later found that other miscellaneous items were missing.
• A resident of the 8700 block of Firethorne Lane in Kingsland Acres woke up around 8:50 p.m. on Oct. 10 and saw an unknown suspect who had entered the home through an unlocked rear window. Seeing he had been observed, the suspect fled. Nothing was stolen.
• An unspecified number of suspects entered a home in the 5200 block of Shady Lane off Cogbill Road around 8:50 p.m. on Oct. 12 by forcing open a front window. The suspects were arrested at the scene while attempting to steal electronic devices and miscellaneous items.
Anyone who has information about these incidents or any other crime is asked to call Crime Solvers at 748-0660. You can also submit a tip at crimesolvers.net or text WATSON plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES).
In other crimes:
Amberleigh (Amberdale Drive) – A resident reported that he was robbed of cash by a known suspect during a drug transaction outside a business in the 9400 block around 12:30 p.m. on Oct. 8.
Brad McNeer Parkway – Purses were taken from two vehicles parked at a business in the 4700 block on Oct. 11 by unknown suspect(s) who entered by breaking the front passenger windows. Cash, electronic devices and miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Brandermill (Two Notch Place) – Cash, jewelry and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from a home in the 13900 block on Oct. 13 by unknown suspect(s) who entered by breaking a rear window.
Chester (Womack Road) – The front storm door of a home in the 11500 block was shattered by unknown suspect(s) on Oct. 7 but entry was not gained.
• A purse containing cash, consumable goods and miscellaneous items was stolen from a vehicle parked at a business in the 14700 block of Village Square Place by unknown suspect(s) who entered by breaking the front passenger window on Oct. 10.
Crescent Park (Chester Road) – A motor scooter was reported stolen from a home in the 9000 block on Oct. 7.
Drewry’s Bluff Road – Household goods were reported stolen from the Bensley Community Center in the 2900 block on Oct. 6.
Ettrick (East River Road) – Firearms were reported stolen from a convenience store in the 3000 block on Oct. 11.
Falconbridge (Falconway Lane) – Firearms were reported stolen from a home in the 4000 block on Oct. 10.
Greenfield (Woodmont Drive) – A resident was robbed at gunpoint in the 2200 block around 5:20 p.m. on Oct. 13 by an unspecified number of known suspects. Electronic devices were reported stolen.
Hallsley (Drumone Court) – Miscellaneous items were stolen from the driveway of a house under construction in the 2000 block on Oct. 10.
Holly Acres (Butler Lane) – A known suspect brandished a firearm at a driver who was in the neighborhood to pick up an acquaintance.
Hull Street Road – Unknown suspect(s) entered Automotive Concepts in the 16900 block on Oct. 8 by breaking a side window. Miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Jacobs Glenn (Phildavid Court) – Cash and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from a shed and several unlocked vehicles at a home in the 8800 block on Oct. 6.
Meadowbrook (Falstone Road) – Unknown suspect(s) rummaged through two unlocked vehicles parked at a home in the 3900 block on Oct. 9. Miscellaneous items were reported stolen.
Millcreek (Lalonde Place) – Firearms and miscellaneous items were reported stolen from a home in the 15900 block on Oct. 11.
North Otterdale Road – A known suspect entered a business in the 200 block around 7:15 p.m. on Oct. 13. He assaulted a woman there and stole electronic devices.
Reams Road – Miscellaneous items were reported stolen from a vacant house in the 10200 block on Oct. 7.
Thornhill (Thornhill Drive) – Residents of the 300 block reported hearing gunfire around 2:10 p.m. on Oct. 12. A suspect was seen later walking along the road with a gun in his hand.
Watkins Centre (Schofield Drive) – The front passenger window of a vehicle parked at a business in the 300 block was broken on Oct. 8. Electronic devices and miscellaneous items were stolen from inside.
Whitepine Road – An unknown suspect exposed himself at Harry G. Daniel Park in the 6600 block around 11:22 p.m. on Oct. 8.