Parks and Rec offers senior classes
Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation will host programs for adults 50 and older during August and September. Unless otherwise noted, classes are at the Chesterfield Senior Center, 4000 Stigall Drive, Midlothian. Call 748-1623 to register. A full list of programs can be found in the current program guide, available online at chesterfield.gov.
• Learning to Love Your Digital Camera (Course 25808) – This course is for new digital-camera owners who are not yet comfortable using their camera. Attendees are encouraged to bring their cameras and the instruction manual to class. This class is limited to eight participants. Thursday, Aug. 16, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Cost: $5.
• Jewelry Design (Course 25648) – Learn to make earrings and a necklace. Tools and supplies will be provided. Tuesday, Aug. 21, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Cost: $19.
• Beginner Line Dancing (Course 25639) – Learn basic line-dancing steps to a variety of music. Thursdays, 11 a.m.-noon. Aug. 23- Sept. 27. Cost: $38.
• Intermediate Line Dancing (Course 25646) – This course will expand on basic steps and is intended for those with experience. Thursdays, noon-1 p.m. Aug. 23-Sept. 27. Cost: $38.
• History of Bon Air (Course 25823) – This free program by the Virginia Historical Society will present an overview of the history of Bon Air. Tuesday, Aug. 14, 10 a.m., Bon Air Baptist Church, 2531 Buford Road.
• Coal Mining in Chesterfield County (Course 25825) – Robert “Peppy” Jones will talk about coal, horses and trains in the Chesterfield County area. Tuesday, Sept. 11, 10 a.m. Beaufont Health and Rehabilitation, 200 Hioaks Road. Free.