We welcome all letters and opinions. However, the Observer does not endorse, nor do we censor, opinions expressed on the letters page. Letters can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to P.O. Box 1616, Midlothian, VA 23113 or faxed to (804) 744-3269.
- Include the writer’s name, daytime phone number and home address for verification purposes (phone numbers and home addresses will not be published).
- Be no longer than 500 words.
- Be relevant to news stories or letters published in the Observer.
- Not be previously published in any other publication.
The Observer will not publish letters that:
- Are anonymous.
- Are addressed to parties other than the newspaper.
- Endorse a candidate for office. The newspaper may edit out endorsements included in letters that otherwise pertain to Observer news articles.
Letters may be edited for clarity, grammar, decorum and space constraints. The Observer reserves the right to add a comment from the editor if deemed necessary.